Current Job Opening
JOB TITLE: Program & Knowledge Director
LOCATION: 465 California Street, Suite 610, San Francisco, CA 94104
The Pacific Pension & Investment Institute (PPI), a nonprofit educational organization based in the San Francisco Financial District, is a knowledge leader at the intersection of international finance and the political economy with specific focus on the Asia Pacific region. Through PPI’s educational programs and publications for senior institutional investors, the Institute supports pension and sovereign funds, endowments, foundations and commercial asset managers in meeting their fiduciary responsibility of prudent and informed investment. PPI’s programs also serve as meeting ground for peer-to-peer engagement on cutting-edge topics that are relevant to understanding the political economy and finance.
PPI’s core activities include a series of roundtable programs and knowledge development for an increasingly dynamic global membership. The organization's members are both distinguished and diverse, representing leading institutional investors in the public and private sectors in North America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For additional information, please visit www.ppi.institute.
Collaborate with the Senior Program & Knowledge Director and the Communications & Technology Director to:
- Conceptualize roundtable and executive seminar themes and sessions, coordinating recruitment and participation of high-level speakers, and liaising with external program partners and speakers;
- Assist in the development of PPI programs and organizational objectives;
- Support the development of the program budget and ensure that program and project implementation is delivered in line with the program budget;
- Set and execute projects, project milestones, goals, and deadlines under the programming, communications, and publications umbrella;
- Produce substantive, program-related content for communications and publications;
- Advance PPI's thought leadership and ad hoc program opportunities that provide value to its members (e.g. joint research projects, webinars, salon dinners);
- Lead staffing on-site at roundtables and other programs, with particular emphasis on program-related matters and especially speakers, roundtable co-chairs, and session chairs;
- Assist in staffing PPI's Program Committee;
- Further conceptualize and implement the PPI Fellows (previously scholarship) program;
- Recruit and provide guidance to PPI interns; and
- Support PPI management team on other duties as needed.
- Telecommuting is permissible.
- Manages one to two Interns.
Master's degree in International Relations, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Public Policy, or related field (or foreign equivalent), plus four years of experience in the job offered, or in a closely-related occupation.
Knowledge and experience must include the following: International finance and global economy; Experience with analytics that support program development in areas of international finance and the global economy; Advanced report building and database management utilizing MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Projects; Experience communicating with and presenting to high-level executives; Cross-cultural communication experience; Finance and investment experience in the Asian region; Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage time.
Requires 10% domestic and international travel.
Employment background checks may be required.
Qualified applicants must send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of authorization to work in U. S. is required if hired. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports affirmative action practices.