PPI convenes global pension and investment thought leaders for in-depth knowledge sharing on issues facing long-term institutional investors in Asia, the Pacific Rim and worldwide.
The Scholarship Program is for the benefit of publicly funded asset owners to offset the costs of attending a roundtable. This program aligns with PPI’s nonprofit mission and offers PPI’s membership the opportunity to engage with and assist organizations that demonstrate need.
Despite the fact that many asset owners manage billions of dollars, an ongoing challenge to participation, especially public retirement funds, is the expense of registration, travel, and lodging.
The funds available for this purpose are drawn from the Asia Roundtable general budget. Underwriting for the Asia Roundtable operational costs is provided through the gracious support of PPI members and affiliated organizations.
Applications for a scholarship are available by clicking the Apply Online button below and completing the form in accordance with the guidelines. All applications must be received at least 60 days prior to the roundtable. For the 2016 Asia Roundtable, please submit your application by September 15th. PPI staff will process and recommend awards within one week of the deadline. Applicants will be informed by email.
A printable PDF version of this information is available here.
- All applicants must represent pension, endowment, foundation or related government organizations.
- Recipient organizations must commit to sending senior level representatives with portfolio decision-making responsibilities.
- The amount of each scholarship will be left to the discretion of management, based upon the following criteria: (1) stated or perceived need; (2) number of potential representatives from recipient organization; (3) total number of eligible applicants.
- Funds will be awarded to the organization, not individuals. The recipient organization will decide how the funds are applied to expenses. Funding will be issued in the form of a check or wire transfer within 30 days of notice. Any wire transfer charges will be deducted from the amount awarded.
- PPI’s registration fee will be waived for all fellowship recipients. The funds are intended to be applied to other hard costs such as airfare and hotel.
- After the Roundtable, each recipient will be required to provide PPI with a short statement that identifies their evaluation of each session and key takeaways from the roundtable.
Apply for the Scholarship
Please click the Apply Online button below and complete the form.
If you have any questions, please contact to Kris Greenville, Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.